The Professional Scrum Product Owner class is the cutting-edge course about organizing product ownership with Scrum in the most effective way. It explores the worldwide challenge that many Scrum implementations run into, i.e. how business people and product managers should engage in an environment of Scrum and in collaborating with a Product Owner and Scrum Teams. It is the class for awesome Product Owners and for anyone responsible for or involved in optimizing the value that products and services maintained with Scrum deliver.
The Professional Scrum Product Owner class introduces the role and accountability of a Product Owner within the organization (as an Agile product manager) and on a Scrum Team. The class builds on the core expectation for Product Owners to maximize the value of the work done for a product, thereby serving customers, users and the organization. It includes techniques and thinking tools for product delivery with Scrum and the related behavioral shifts.
The Professional Scrum Product Owner class is an interactive experience in which Gunther Verheyen, independent Scrum Caretaker and Scrum practitioner since 2003, collaboratively explores with you what embedding product ownership in the wider organization and being a great Product Owner for a Scrum Team entangle, thereby drawing on nearly two decades of practical experience. All materials used in the class are in line with the 2020 version of the Scrum Guide.
- Agile Product Management
- The Scrum framework
- Managing Product Backlog
- Value-driven development
- Dates: 27/28 February 2023 (9-16.30h CET)
- Language: English
- Price: 1195 € (+ VAT if applicable). Including in this price are:
- Two attempts on the Professional Scrum Product Owner level I assessment (“PSPO I”). The total value is 2 x 200 $.
- The official course materials.
- A signed copy of “Scrum – A Pocket Guide,” the acclaimed book by the class facilitator, Gunther Verheyen.
Attendees make the most of the class if they:
- Have studied the Scrum Guide (required).
- Passed the Scrum Open assessment (preferred).
- Have been on or closely involved in software or product development endeavours using Scrum (preferred).
- Have read one of the Scrum books of Ken Schwaber or the book “Scrum – A Pocket Guide” by Gunther Verheyen (optional).
Your workshop facilitator
Gunther calls himself an independent Scrum Caretaker on a journey of humanizing the workplace with Scrum. He started practicing Scrum in 2003, has partnered with Ken Schwaber (co-creator of Scrum) and has worked with many teams and organizations in diverse domains. The Scrum services that he offers (training, coaching, consulting and speaking) build on these accumulated experiences. Ullizee-Inc is his business vehicle. Gunther is the author of the acclaimed book “Scrum – A Pocket Guide” and editor of the book “97 Things Every Scrum Practitioner Should Know”.
Check out the reviews of Gunther and Ullizee-Inc on TrustPilot.
What to expect in an online setting?
Our online workshops and classes are very much case-driven with plenty of room for interaction and conversation. We keep them as low-tech as possible:
- We will connect on Zoom and use Zoom break-out rooms for discussions in smaller teams.
- We will use Google Jamboard in a virtual team space on Google drive.
- The workshop facilitator might occasionally use a PowerPoint slide deck and a physical flip chart.
There are no reviews yet.