The Advanced Professional Scrum Product Owner (II) class is the cutting-edge course to deepen your understanding of the accountability of the Product Owner as intended and designed in the Scrum framework. It is the class for awesome Product Owners who aspire taking the next step in their journey of servant-leading their teams, their customers, their stakeholders and their organization.
Even as the sole decision maker, a professional Product Owner in Scrum masters various techniques to collaborate with Developers, users, stakeholders and, ultimately, with anyone in the organization who wants to know more about iterative-incremental product management with Scrum. The Advanced Professional Scrum Product Owner (II) class introduces not just the stances of a Product Owner, but also how this translates into actionable behaviors and decisions with tools and approaches for the interactions and collaborations that a professional Product Owner has. The Advanced Professional Scrum Product Owner (II) class thus goes to the essence of the role of Product Owner in the sense of being accountable to show leadership through vision, goals and building bridges between development, customers and the wider organization.
The Advanced Professional Scrum Product Owner (II) class is an interactive experience in which Gunther Verheyen, independent Scrum Caretaker and Scrum practitioner since 2003, collaboratively explores with you what mastering the Product Owner role entangles, thereby drawing on nearly two decades of practical experience. All materials used in the class are in line with the 2020 version of the Scrum Guide. The class includes selected cases from “The Scrum Caretaker Book of Exercises“.
- The Scrum Product Owner
- Representing the Customer
- Leading through Vision
- Embracing Experimentation
- Deciding with agility
- Dates: 14/15 December 2023 (9-16.30h CET)
- Language: English
- Price: 1395 € (+ VAT if applicable). Including in this price are:
- Two attempts on the Professional Scrum Product Owner level II assessment (“PSPO II”). The total value is 2 x 250 $.
- A discount on the Professional Scrum Product Owner level III assessment (“PSPO III”). The standard price of the PSPO III assessment is 500 $.
- The official course materials.
- A signed copy of “Scrum – A Pocket Guide,” the acclaimed book by the class facilitator, Gunther Verheyen.
Attendees make the most of the class if they:
- Have studied the Scrum Guide (required).
- Have solid experience as a Product Owner (at least one year).
- Holding the PSM I and/or PSPO I credential (preferred).
- Have attended a PSM and/or PSPO class by Gunther Verheyen (preferred).
- Have read one of the Scrum books of Ken Schwaber or the book “Scrum – A Pocket Guide” by Gunther Verheyen (optional).
Your workshop facilitator
Gunther calls himself an independent Scrum Caretaker on a journey of humanizing the workplace with Scrum. He started practicing Scrum in 2003, has partnered with Ken Schwaber (co-creator of Scrum) and has worked with many teams and organizations in diverse domains. The Scrum services that he offers (training, coaching, consulting and speaking) build on these accumulated experiences. Ullizee-Inc is his business vehicle. Gunther is the author of the acclaimed book “Scrum – A Pocket Guide” and editor of the book “97 Things Every Scrum Practitioner Should Know”. Check out the reviews of Gunther and Ullizee-Inc on TrustPilot.
What to expect in an online setting?
Our online workshops and classes are very much case-driven with plenty of room for interaction and conversation. We keep them as low-tech as possible:
- We will connect on Zoom and use Zoom break-out rooms for discussions in teams.
- We will use Google Jamboard in a virtual team space on Google drive.
- The workshop facilitator might occasionally use a PowerPoint slide deck and a physical flip chart.