Professional Scrum Master is the cutting-edge course to deepen your understanding of the Scrum framework and the role of the Scrum Master in it. It is the class for awesome Scrum Masters and for anyone responsible for or involved in an effective introduction of the Scrum framework.
The Professional Scrum Master class introduces the principles and (empirical) process theory underpinning the Scrum framework. These are foundational insights upon which the rules and roles of Scrum are explored and discussed. The focus on the Scrum Master role includes advanced thinking tools for servant-leadership and behavioral shifts, working with people and teams, coaching and facilitation, and scaling Scrum.
Professional Scrum Master is an interactive experience in which Gunther Verheyen, independent Scrum Caretaker, collaboratively explores with you what mastering the Scrum framework entangles, thereby drawing on nearly two decades of practical experience. All materials used in the class are in line with the 2020 version of the Scrum Guide.
- Scrum theory and first principles
- The Scrum framework: roles, rules and artefacts
- Product Delivery with Scrum
- Working with people and teams
- The Scrum Master
- Dates: 14/15 October 2021 (9-17h Brussels time)
- Language: English
- Price: 1195€ + VAT
- Price includes:
- Two attempts on the Professional Scrum Master level I assessment (“PSM I”). The total value is 2 x 150$.
- A 100$ discount on the Professional Scrum Master level II assessment (“PSM II”).
- The official course materials.
- A signed copy of “Scrum – A Pocket Guide,” the acclaimed book by the class facilitator, Gunther Verheyen.
Your Class Facilitator
Gunther calls himself an independent Scrum Caretaker on a journey of humanizing the workplace with Scrum.
He started practicing Scrum in 2003, has worked with diverse teams and organizations, was the partner of Ken Schwaber (co-creator of Scrum) at Scrum.org and has authored the acclaimed books “Scrum – A Pocket Guide” and “97 Things Every Scrum Practitioner Should Know”. The Scrum services that he offers (training, coaching and consulting) build on his accumulated experiences. Ullizee-Inc is his company.
What to expect in an online setting?
Gunther offers an online, yet interactive experience that is very much case-driven with plenty of room for interaction and conversation. Gunther keeps his classes as low-tech as possible:
- We will connect on Zoom and use Zoom break-out rooms for discussions in smaller teams.
- We will use Google Jamboard in a virtual team space on Google drive.
- Gunther will occasionally use PowerPoint and a flip chart.
Check out the reviews of Gunther on TrustPilot.