The Professional Scrum Master class is the cutting-edge course to deepen your understanding of the Scrum framework and the role of the Scrum Master in it. It is the class for awesome Scrum Masters and for anyone responsible for or involved in an effective adoption of the Scrum framework.
The Professional Scrum Master class introduces the principles and (empirical) process theory underpinning the Scrum framework. These are foundational insights upon which the rules and roles of Scrum are explored and discussed. The focus on the Scrum Master role includes advanced thinking tools for servant-leadership and behavioral shifts, product delivery with Scrum, working with people and teams, coaching and facilitation and other aspects of a Scrum Master’s accountability. The services that a professional Scrum Master offers, to the Scrum Team as well as to the organization, are rooted in the understanding and insights offered in the PSM class.
The Professional Scrum Master class is an interactive experience in which Gunther Verheyen, independent Scrum Caretaker and Scrum practitioner since 2003, collaboratively explores with you what mastering the Scrum framework entangles, thereby drawing on nearly two decades of practical experience. All materials used in the class are in line with the 2020 version of the Scrum Guide. The class includes selected cases from “The Scrum Caretaker Book of Exercises“.
- Scrum theory and first principles
- The Scrum framework: roles, rules and artefacts
- Product Delivery with Scrum
- Working with people and teams
- The Scrum Master
- Dates: 13/14 November 2023 (9-17h CET)
- Language: English
- Price: 1195 € (+ VAT if applicable). Including in this price are:
- Two attempts on the Professional Scrum Master level I assessment (“PSM I”). The total value is 2 x 150 $.
- A 100$ discount on the Professional Scrum Master level II assessment (“PSM II”). The standard price of the PSM II assessment is 250 $.
- The official course materials.
- A signed copy of “Scrum – A Pocket Guide,” the acclaimed book by the class facilitator, Gunther Verheyen.
Attendees make the most of the class if they:
- Have studied the Scrum Guide (required).
- Passed the Scrum Open assessment (preferred).
- Have been on or closely involved in software or product development endeavours using Scrum (preferred).
- Have read one of the Scrum books of Ken Schwaber or the book “Scrum – A Pocket Guide” by Gunther Verheyen (optional).
Your workshop facilitator
Gunther calls himself an independent Scrum Caretaker on a journey of humanizing the workplace with Scrum. He started practicing Scrum in 2003, has partnered with Ken Schwaber (co-creator of Scrum) and has worked with many teams and organizations in diverse domains. The Scrum services that he offers (training, coaching, consulting and speaking) build on these accumulated experiences. Ullizee-Inc is his business vehicle. Gunther is the author of the acclaimed book “Scrum – A Pocket Guide” and editor of the book “97 Things Every Scrum Practitioner Should Know”. Check out the reviews of Gunther and Ullizee-Inc on TrustPilot.
What to expect in an online setting?
Our online workshops and classes are very much case-driven with plenty of room for interaction and conversation. We keep them as low-tech as possible:
- We will connect on Zoom and use Zoom break-out rooms for discussions in smaller teams.
- We will use Google Jamboard in a virtual team space on Google drive.
- The workshop facilitator might occasionally use a PowerPoint slide deck and a physical flip chart.